"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will." -- George Bernard Shaw

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -- Winston Churchill

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Change

The other day I had decided on making a certain change in my life-I had decided that I was going to start riding my bike again, for my benefit as well as Neo's benefit because I would take him with me. I went out to get my bike and had to change the seat and then I discovered a flat tire and I was out of time.

As I left the endeavor I was frustrated and a bit upset at being foiled in my attempt at effecting positive change in my life. I attempted at first to rationalize my failure by sayin that some of the elements of change were beyond my control. I was unable to satisfy myself with this answer because of something learned from my dad: the maximum effe range of an excuse is zero.

I did have power over the elements of change this situation. I could have and should have taken the effort and time to ensure my success rather than my failure. I re-learned that the only elements of change not in our control are people. In the future, it is up to me to take the time and effort to ensure my success and I have only myself to blame if I fail. I control the situation, the situation should not control me.

No comments: