"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will." -- George Bernard Shaw

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -- Winston Churchill

Friday, January 18, 2008

On traveling

This last weekend we went to Missouri to visit Andrew and Clarice. The above picture is from our visit to Indiana, but it works with some of the thoughts I had as I contemplated out trip. There are different types of travelers, pleasure travelers, career travelers, and quick travelers are some that I could think of. I think the easiest to explain are the career travelers, truck drivers, business people who travel frequently. In essence, a career traveler is someone who travels frequently, often over long distances, and it becomes a way of life or second nature (no, I'm not quoting a dictionary). The pleasure travelers are traveling for fun, they stop frequently to take in the sites, sit down to eat, and take the trip easy. Then there are the quick travelers, they drive straight through, eat while driving, stop only when necessary, and want to get started so they can get it over and done with. While I am married to a quick traveler, I still hold out hope for being able to be a pleasure traveler someday, just to see what it feels like.

3 comments:

down in the valley said...

It's the sitting that gets to me! Sometimes I like to sight see, but for the most part, get me there and get me home!

Alex said...

You forgot the nomads, people who travel because they don't have anything holding them to a given place. I was one of those for a little while, and it's kinda fun for a short time.

Miranda Allen said...

I guess it all depends on the goal.