"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will." -- George Bernard Shaw

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -- Winston Churchill

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Frisbee

Frisbee has been a favorite past-time of mine since I was a teenager. Maybe because I always had fun playing frisbee and always had such good company when I played. I remember playing with my brothers out on the street in front of our house. I didn't even mind too much when I almost took my eye out on a branch in Lafaye's orchard when I had to jump over the fence to retrieve the frisbee. We'd play "500" with the return missionary friends who were visiting, although I wasn't the best at that. We even took a frisbee out in the sand for one of my birthday cookouts and I think it's still out there. Jeff used to play very patiently with me (I've not always had the straightest throw) and Trent and Joshua used to play Frisbee with me after I'd get off work my first year in college.

Needless to say I have good memories of playing frisbee. I still enjoy playing and I've found a new companion to enjoy it with me.
Frasier is always excited when I get down the Frisbee and we head out the door. It is a great way to give him exercise. He's got his eye on the Frisbee right there and is ready to go.
This is the gravel piles the City keeps a half a block east and north of our house. I do like living on the edge of town. Even if I don't throw the Frisbee over the gravel piles, Frasier will usually detour over at least one on his way back to me.
As you can see, he takes some detours on the way back. The above picture, I had actually thrown the Frisbee over the big pile in the middle, but going over one pile wasn't enough for him.Here he is returning from a bathroom trip at the corner of the lot. The first couple times after we head outside he takes the Frisbee with him to do his business before he brings it back. He makes it so easy on me. I throw the Frisbee, watch him chase it down, often hurtling over the top of the gravel piles, and then when he's on the way back, I bend over and hold out my hand and he brings it right to me, even if it means he has to circle me a couple times to slow down. Frasier knows how to make me happy.

Here's a link with more pictures of our Frisbee trip today.

https://picasaweb.google.com/hyamiranda/Frisbee?authkey=Gv1sRgCOqp14nZnYaaRg&feat=directlink


3 comments:

down in the valley said...

Every time I go through the sand and go past that cookout/frisbee place, I wonder if it is still there! Wasn't it bright pink? :)

Miranda Allen said...

Actually it was orange. It was Alex's. I think it was the one with the thing in the center to catch it on one finger.

down in the valley said...

I just remembered a bright, happy color... Terry has some and I thought about you when we were there a few minutes ago.